Monday, April 19, 2010

The Playdate Cafe Color Challenge {With a Splash of Orange}






Hello everyone!

We had a good weekend. It was rainy and cool and I can't believe our fortune! We are "supposed" to be in the 80-90 F, but it's a perfect spring weather for walking, picnics among these gorgeous southern Texas wild flowers. 

My son didn't like the weather so much though...Come Monday, he went down with a runny nose. Why didn't anyone warn me about this because when I saw him gasping for air, it was the most panicky moment of my life. I soon realized (not as soon as my husband would have liked) that is not "life-threatening". We had some good moments last night, nursing in the steamy bathroom and using the suction bulb. But he's much better now.

I have a card for the newest The Playdate Cafe Color Challenge #25 {With a Splash of Orange}. I showed my husband the first card I made and he said "Splash of orange? This looks like it's been dunked in orange." So I reconsidered the amount of orange I used and came up with this:



Recipe for {Happy Birthday to You} Card   5 1/2 x 4 in

~ Cardstock: PTI;
~ Paper: Flair Designs {Trumpet Voluntary - Wedding Collection};
~ Stamps: PTI {Damask Design - sentiment};
~ Ink: Stampabilities {Black};
~ Embellie: Paper Flower from {K&Company};
~ Ribbon: Martha Steward.

Orange you glad you stopped by? (Cheesy, I know...:-) )



8 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous!!

Brandi said...

I love the color orange on cards! Great job girl! I always ask for my hubbys opinions to on my cards!
Brandi

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Love that background music paper! And the flower is the perfect touch:) Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!

Lisa Somerville said...

Pretty birthday card, the music sheet goes wonderfully with your sentiment. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Ruby said...

Aren't husbands funny the things they come out with?! Great card, love your background paper, it looks lovely with that flower! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely card! I had a chuckle about your hubby. They do say the funniest things when we ask for their input on our cards. :) Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC.

Sarah Anderson said...

bless him, maybe we should run a 'colour dunk' challenge every now and then as well!! Thanks for choosing the play date colours to work with. This is a beautiful card

Paul B said...

Gorgeous card with a pretty flower. And I say why not break the rules and be different lol. If your first card was more than a splash of orange, I'd have gone with that. Be a cardmaking rebel haha. Crafting on the edge :) Px BTW love your blog, there are some mesmerising, wonderful creations - it's addictive looking through your past posts.