Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Crying over spilled Lasagna





Today at work we prepared Lasagna. My pain started when the girls served it by scooping...SCOOPING it in big blobs in on the plate. I could almost cry. 

For us, Europeans, serving Lasagna in a mess of pasta and sauce is like Italians would serve hamburgers taken fresh out of the blender. It just doesn't work.

So, I guarded the oven and made sure I was the only one cutting pieces of lasagna and placing them on the plate in a neat stack of pasta and sauce, like it should be! 


~ * ~ * ~

I have been working on decorating some frames. I made one in blue with a picture of my husband as a baby. I am so convinced out kids are going to be so cute, because he was the same! I will soon make one in pink with  picture of me from 30 something years ago. :-) 

I made another shadow box in spring colors. I took an unfinished shadow box from Hobby Lobby, painted it in Melon and decorated it with designer paper, sticker letters and paper flowers. I love it! :-)

~*~*~


One of my best friends from high school, Maria, comes to visit us this coming weekend. After we went to college, we wrote a letter or two, but we lost touch. Fifteen years later I googled her name and it came up at a counseling clinic in Illinois. We talked a lot on the phone since then and we finally are going to see each other again. I am so excited!  

  

2 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Love that first frame.

So I had no idea Europeans were particular about Lasagna. Very interesting. I usually try to keep mine stacked, but it's always so shaky.

Stamping Cafe said...

Love the frames, awesome job!