

This week's colors Kristina has for her Challenge spelled one thing in my mind: BABY CARD! :-)
So I went to make one. This time, I took more time to think it over, to make sure it's balanced, in short I concentrated more on details, which is not like me too much. When I don't recognize their merit, details wear me out like nothing else. But in this case, details make or break a card, so I decided to give them more credit.
Are you a detail person? :-)
"been waiting for you" Card 5 x 5 in
Materials:
~ Cardstock: ColorCore - Nostalgia;
~ Paper from Paper Studio (Baby Girl)
~ Ribbon from RibbonFX;
~ Buttons from my husband's grandma;
~ Scalloped punch (1 7/8 in), Round Punch (1 1/2 in).
Maybe you have noticed I've been using the same brands over and over again. My card making supplies are not so rich, but I have been ordering more on line lately. I'm waiting for my goodies to arrive! :-)
~Thanks so much for stopping by!~
Please leave me a comment about how you go about deciding the details on a card. Are you a "simple card" person, a "triple layer card" person, "lots of ribbon and brads" person...I'm curious!


6 comments:
Oh my goodness! I live in Victoria too. I just checked your blog from my comment. Your card is so cute! What a small world!!
Hello~! I'm kinda a pretty simple couple of layers, ribbon & a brad person. I admire the full-on, lots of layers & stuff cards, but they wear me out just looking at them as well! You've done a great job with this card - fabulous baby card.
Thank you for the compliments...I've been making cards for a couple of years.
I saw Kirkpatrick on your email addy, I had a professor at VC with that name, are you related?
I am a Close to My Heart consultant and I have monthly scrapbooking workshops. If you are interested in attending, I can add you to my email list. Our next one will likely be March 26th/27th. You can email me at meresteves@hotmail.com
Talk to you soon!
Hi Daniela,
This is such a sweet card. Great job!
I am a triple layer person for sure...and then some ;-). My ribbons are never very far away either. I like symmetry too...my cards are usually quite symmetrical. I have to use sketch challenges to get out of that loop ;-).
Best wishes,
Sam.
Cute! Great picture too!
I like this card very much. A baby would come out early just to see this card!
Post a Comment