I made a couple of Easter card, although I was a bit confused about the colors that "fit" Easter. I know that pastel "springy" colors work, but I wanted to use some"stronger" colors. I am not good at coloring bunnies or eggs (maybe eggs are easier, though! :-) ) and my favorite Easter stamp was gone!
On the other hand, I wanted to transmit the real message of Easter, the one that Jesus is risen!
"Blessed Easter" Card 5 x 5 in
~ Cardstock: Garage Sale;
~ Paper: Stampin' Up! Delicate Dots Collection; Orange Butterflies from American Traditional;
~ Ribbon: Offray;
~ Corner adorner from Fiskars;
~ Sentiment from my computer :-)
"He is Risen" Card 5 x 5 in
~ Cardstock: Garage Sale;
~ Paper: Stampin' Up! Delicate Dots;
~Ribbon: Offray and my grandmother-in-law lace collection :-)
~ Scalloped Round Punch (1 7/8 in)
"Easter Poem" Card 5 x 5 in
~ Cardstock: Garage Sale;
~ Paper: Stampin' Up! Delicate Dots;
~ Ribbon: Garage Sale;
~ Corner Adorner: Fiskars.
I loved this Easter poem so much, that I really wanted to make a card with it! :-)
As I said in a previous post, I borrowed my mother-in-law "no name" camera, that had a close-up option, and the pictures turned out better (I think!) than our "brand name" camera, with no close-up option! But I forgot to disable the date/time display again! I did it now, for the next batch! :-) But for these ones, you know exactly what I was doing on 2009/04/05 at 12:30! Ha ha :-)
~Thanks so much for looking!~
I am always trying to get better at card making, so I would appreciate if you left me a message, public or private, on how I can improve!


3 comments:
Hi there! I wanted to pop on over here and say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. It was so nice of you. Keep crafting!
Julie
p.s. I think the "other" colours work for Easter too!
Hey - fun cards. I especially love the diagonal patterend paper. I'll have to try that.
I like your Easter cards---I need to get on that---since it's nearly here! I need to make some table favors for Easter Lunch~
Post a Comment