Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Papertrey Ink's August BLOG HOP Challenge



I should very well go ahead and declare August my busiest month. :-) I haven't posted in TWO weeks?! That's a long time. Nothing was going on really, beside Winn's wedding, my husband's brother. We spent a wonderful weekend in Corpus Christi, by the seaside. One of my highlights, beside the wedding itself, was the dolphin show at the Aquarium. 

Although I didn't feel the muse courting me, I couldn't miss Papertrey BLOG HOP. I love going from blog to blog and checking out everyone's creations. I always find new inspiration and artists I want to follow. 

August Blog Hop

August is the month that Papert
rey celebrates all things autumn!  What better way to get inspired for the  upcoming season change than each other!  Our challenge to you is to create a project inspired by any  aspect of fall.  How about texture like fabrics, burlap, courduroy or stitching.  Then there is color with  hues found in autumn leaves, fall berries and other late season delectables.  Patterns or motifs such as  leaves, pumpkins, wheat and more.  Try to use these attributes in fun and interesting ways that may be  a little out of your normal comfort zone.  We look forward to seeing what you come up with!

With the Fall cards for this month's BLOG HOP I was inspired by Kristina Werner's one layer cards and from Clean and Simple Stamping Blog. I find simple and tasteful cards irresistible! :-)

(All products Papertrey Ink, unless otherwise mentioned)

 
{Thankful for you}  4 x 51/2 in

 

~ Kraft Cardstock - unkown source.


{Season of Blessing} 4 x 51/2 in


~ Kraft Cardstock - unkown source.


{Thankful for You} 4 x 51/2 in



~ Cardstock: Paper Studio;
~ Rhinestones: KAISERscrapbook.


{Count my Blessings} 41/2 x 41/2 in



~ Cardstock and Paper: Paper Studio;
~ Rhinestones: KAISERscrapbook.

I hope you enjoyed my Fall-inspired cards. I, for one, can't wait for the cooler weather to come around, together with Halloween and Thanksgiving fun! :-) 





41 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Great job I love all the swirls!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Very nice card set!

Aimes said...

Great job with the pumpkins! A lovely set of cards!
Aimes
x

AKiteFlier said...

Wow you have been busy - nice job with all of them - I think my faves are #1 and #4 - I love the flourishes and the pumpkins are GREAT!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

How fun are you! Love your pumpkins and all of the yummy craft cardstock. You really projected the warmth of the autumn season.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Marge said...

Just love this swirlicious set & your fabulous card!!!

Melissa said...

They are all so pretty! The swirls are so perfect with the pumpkins!

Cammie said...

What a lovely card set. Love the flourishes.

Becca said...

I love seeing the rhinestones on the pumpkin. I am anxious to try this myself. Well, for taking a few weeks off of blogging, you made up for it tonight. You have been busy!

Sue P. said...

Very cute cards!

Jamie said...

Great job!

Lori said...

Excellent set of cards!!

Marcie Sharp said...

Nothing says fall like pumpkins!! Great job!

Catherine Couch Doucette said...

I love the "blessings" one the best...great set of cards!

ChristineCreations said...

What cute creations with this great set!

Regan said...

holy poop...these are all great

B said...

Such a great set of cards!

Janelle said...

Wow -- you really went to town! I kept scrolling and there'd be another card! I'm drawn to clean and simple, too, so you know I loved every one of your cards. Great job!

Kristina said...

Talk about busy! You made four cards! I love the last one especially with the little window. Awesome job, as always!

Chris said...

love all of these, but my fave is the last one!! TFS!

Michelle said...

Oh that cut-out card is super....looks like you're all set with a good start on fall cards!

peggysue said...

What a happy assortment of card. Whose orange did you use? Great colors . . . oh that set is so tempting now!

Mona Pendleton said...

All of these cards are fabulous!

Linda said...

Beautiful cards! Love seeing the different results from the same set of stamps. Thanks for sharing!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Beautiful set of cards, love the flourishes!

Traci M said...

I like your cute set, especially the last one with the flourishes across the bottom!

Heather P. said...

These are lovely!

Amy said...

What orange ink did you use? I love how your orange pumpkins pop against the green cardstock!

BethieJ said...

FANTASTIC Cards!!!

Antje said...

great set of cards!

Kim Faucher said...

these are darling.. I love the use of the pumpkins!

Amanda said...

Great cards! I knew I should have bought that set!!!

Deanna said...

Wow, all of these are gorgeous!

Britta Swiderski said...

Awesome job! I love all of them, but the last one is my favorite. LOVE that color green with the orange- it's really effective!

Terri said...

Nice job on all of them!

Natasha said...

Oh my goodness, you were on a roll! Love them all!

IamDerby said...

Love your pumpkins, so bright and cheery!

Lisa H. said...

you were busy! love how your cards turned out. tfs!

Amy said...

Wow, were you productive! All are very pretty!

Mindy said...

Wow I love that last one!

Banu said...

OMG...Loved your cards. I agree with you about blog hop, it is always inspiring for me. In fact, I had not thought much of this particular autumn set from PTI that you have used in your cards, but your projects have made me reconsider. :)