Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kristina Werner's Color Inspiration #43































We had a great Saturday today! 

We went out to EarthWorks Nursery and picked out our "baby": a brad new Satsuma tree for our front yard!  We talked to a funny lady there who encouraged out quest to consider the tree our baby: she gave us "diapers" and "formula" for our new baby tree! :-) 

We went afterwards to Victoria Live Stock Show and we saw all these cute animals: pigs, goats, sheep, donkeys, chickens...It was like on Noah's Ark, I can imagine! :-) 

We live in southern Texas and I told my husband when we got married that I want to wake up every morning to a field full of Brahma cows grazing. So far he agreed only to buy me one to have it in front of the bedroom window...

When we came home I took a few pictures of the card and the gift card holder I had prepared for Kristina's #43 Challenge. I hope I snapped a few decent pictures, because it was very windy outside, although sunny. 

I loved the colors very much, although I didn't feel particularly inspired this time. So I kept it streamline. Here are my results!


~ "Hope" Card    5 x 5 in ~


~ Cardstock from ColorCore - Nostalgia; DCWV Old World Stack (textured);

~ Dew Drops from Robin's Nest;

~ Ribbon from RibbonFX;

~ Punches: Round Scalloped ( 1 1/7"); Round (1 1/2");

~ Stamp: Nightingale from Inque Boutique;

~ Adhesive Paper Ribbon from K$Company


~ Gift Card Holder  4 3/4 x 2 3/4 in


~ Cardstock from ColorCore - Nostalgia

~ Adhesive Paper from 

~ Ribbon from RibbonFX;

~ Round Scalloped Punch (1 7/8").

I deeply apologize for the pictures being on top of each other, like a stack of pancakes, but I simply don't know yet how to alternate pictures and text! Can anyone (please!!) tell me how? Thanks a lot!! 
Align Center

~Thanks for throwing an eye at my work! ~







6 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Cute cards! I had a hard time with these colors, but you did a fantastic job!

SharonD said...

Cool Cards I really like the paper you have used. Thanks for stopping by on my blog - I am glad you liked it.

Lysa said...

Thanks for the posts on my blog! After I upload the pics I just click and drag to where I want, enter text etc..

Stamping Cafe said...

Awesome cards, you did a wonderful job with the colors!

Julie said...

they all look great!!! I loved these colors too, I wish I had had more time to play with them!

try to get a curser after one of your pics and just press enter. if that doesn't work then switch to edit html instead of compose and you can put space or even test between the end of a picture is usually a>

that's where you want the space, play around you won't hurt anything and you can always preview. if that didn't help email me julie dot jenkins at gmail

oh and thanks for the compliment on my card it made my day :)

Anonymous said...

I like this card very much, in particular, the dewdrops at the tips of the vine and the color scheme. I love clashing colors. Nature is full of them. You did a marvelous job, oh marvelous person.