Friday, July 24, 2009

My first (and last!) coloring experiment!



                 {click on the picture to see it bigger}

Since I was a little girl, I wanted to be able to paint, to color or draw. I have seen some amazing cards out there, where the use of the Copics went down to an art! I knew I won't ever be like that (not that I couldn't, but I know I won't dedicate enough time to learn), but I decided at least to try and apply little tricks of coloring I learned here and there.

Yes, it's another "Sunshine" card, with the cherry paper I've been wanting to use from the beginning of the summer. I planned to make it for MojoMonday, but in the end it was so remote from the sketch, that I gave up! :-) 

With this occasion I experimented with my new camera and great photo tutorials on Lisa Spangler's website. For this I really want to dedicate more time and learn how to make good photos. 

Recipe for "Wishing You Sunshine"  4 x 5 1/2 in

~ Cardstock: PTI and unkown source;

~ Paper: Stampin' Up!;

~ Stamp: PTI {Scattered Showers}, Mary Helen Gould 1995 (wow, that is an OLD one)

~ Ink: Stampabilities {Brown};

~ Ribbon: PTI;

~ Markers: Crayola.

I'm gonna dig in the bowl of cherries now!

Have a beautiful summer day! 


  

2 comments:

Kristina said...

What cute cherry paper! Such a cheery card!

Vanessa said...

I love your coloring!! Cute card!

Hugs,
Vanessa