Saturday, December 5, 2009

Where has this last week gone?


I woke up last Monday to a list of things I needed to finish for the Friday night craft sale. I have no (serious) commitment problems when it comes to putting the front of a card together. I do need discipline for all the other little details like the inside of the card, the signature on the back, the matching envelopes...all these details meant to lure the customers into thinking that without my cards, their holidays would be simply incomplete.   

I did get out of the house this week, to stretch my creative muscle. I went on Tuesday night to see {New Moon} with my brother and sister-in-law. What Jacob with no shirt on? Oh, you mean the scene where Jacob the Werewolf took his shirt off ? Sounds somewhat familiar, I just can't put my finger on it...

Because I started getting embarrassed when Bella admonished him with a motherly voice: "So, you've been working out...You know that all these steroids are not good for you...". I felt awkward, like a always do when any given awkward moments goes on on any given screen. Or maybe I didn't notice his body because I. couldn't. stop. staring. at. his. white. white. white. teeth. 

I did learn a valuable life lesson. Don't get involved with vampires or werewolves. They're all the same!

"So, you're a vampire." "Yes, and I'll never leave you. Actually, I don't want you anymore, go away. I lied, I want you back."

"So, you're a werewolf." "Yes, and I'll never do to you what the bad vampire did. Wait, actually go away. No, come back, I lied."

I feel like an old bickering pregnant woman, unable to appreciate a modern rendition of Romeo and Juliet. Or maybe this reminds me too much of the kind of love I was dreaming about in school...

But the movie did have great shots of nature, which I couldn't fully appreciate because of some guys running around without shirts on. 

After the movie night, I went back to my crafting corner and did my best to finish all the work by Thursday night, because on Friday it was supposed to SNOW! And I didn't want to do anything else but watch the snow falling! Last time it snowed in Victoria it was in 2004, on Christmas night and day. Before that, it hasn't snowed in more than a 100 years! Snow is a real treat here. 




It started snowing early in the morning, so I called James to come see "quick, quick", afraid that the snow is going to stop :-) It was beautiful! After James went to work, I made myself a decaf coffee and sat and watch the snow flakes falling. 



I'd like to show you some of the things I made for the Friday night craft "show". The lighting was bad outside and inside, so everything is in a sort of yellowish glow. 

I made boxes of 5 Christmas cards. At first I wanted to buy the boxes, but I found a tutorial that made it so easy! If you would like to try it, it's HERE.




These are a few samples of the cards I made, starting from a few ideas from Holiday Card Making 101, over on Nichole Heady's blog. 


Finally, I wanted to try my hand at a little table decoration and I decided to make a paper Christmas tree, based on a Martha Stewart idea. 



The evening went well! The coffee shop was a cozy place to be that night. There were two other ladies who sold handmade items, one jewelry and one things made out of fabric. 

Over the weekend I recovered from my huge card selling success. Just kidding! I didn't make a ton of money, but I sold enough cards for a good size Papertreyink order. 

Now I am looking forward for our next trip to Houston on Saturday, for another ultrasound appointment. At the last one my placenta was dangerously close to the cervix, so my midwife needs to make sure it's moving up and away, so we can go on with the natural birth we've been planning. 

I hope you're having a great beginning of the week!






4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love this little tree! You were busy! Fun to read about your New Moon experience!

Hugs,
Vanessa

Laura.K said...

Your little tree is so sweet. I like it.

Your post was so funny that I almost wake up my little girl. Funny, funny, funny.

I have no idea about the new or old moon. I'm still out of this world.

Hugs.

Jackie said...

I just found your blog over on SCAT and I'm so glad I did! Your cards are wonderful, and that little tree is adorable. Thanks for the link to the card box, too!

Courtney Baker said...

Wow girl you have been super busy. Your recap of New Moon totally made me laugh!

Love that little Christmas tree too - so cute!