Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Embellish Magazine Color Challenge {featuring Birds}



Hi everyone!

I'm back with a card with birds! First, I thought I had no stamps with birds, but I dug in my rubber stamps drawer and I found this cute Hero Arts stamp. I was more than happy to put it to use. {By the way, I think everyone should have a stamp with birds}.

Here it is:




Recipe for {Thank You for Caring} Card 4 x 5 1/2 in

~ Cardstock: Papertreyink {Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream, Raspberry Fizz};
~ Paper: Papertreyink {Dotty Biscotti};
~ Stamps: Hero Arts {Thank You Card};
~ Ink: Stampabilities {Brown};
~ Button: Papertreyink {Vintage Spring Moss}.

I really love ledger borders in general, but because I wanted to be true to my promise of taking ordering new crafting stuff a little easier, I decided to make my own! Here's how: with the help of a ruler, I marked a few dots at equal intervals on the left border of the paper. I punched a little circle for every dot. Then I took the "line" puncher and punched a line from the side until it met the circle. Pretty easy, isn't it? I bet it looks even better with a smaller circle punch.

So, this is my card for today. But don't forget to stop by tomorrow, 4th of August, as it's my second Blogoversary! A little giveaway will be waiting for you!

9 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous...so many yummy details and love, love, love that you found this fun stamp in your stash!!! :)

Karen B. said...

This is a great card, thanks for the mini tutorial too! Love the composition.

Sarah Martina said...

I love your stamping! Such a wonderful card, Daniela! :) So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Challenge!

Ayana Posadas said...

Oh, what a fun card!
I love the Dotti-Biscotti paper!
So pretty! :)

Chris said...

What a great stamp, love it, and your card is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with Embellish's challenge this week. I'm tickled to be their sponsor and I have one more prize on my personal blog!

Laura.K said...

Such a beautiful card.

I love that little detail with that gorgeous black ribbon.

Thanks for the useful tutorial.

Diane Jaquay said...

I really LOVE this card! The colors are so yummy, and the birds are adorable!

Kathy said...

Wow this is just precious...love it :)

Mariana Grigsby said...

This card is so pretty!!!!.... and cute! Thanks for playing along with us!