Hello everyone,
I'm back, finally! I'd like to thank my friend Genuta for nudging me about not posting anything for some time.
The last month, our little boy has been keeping us on a roller-coaster. Overnight, he started to roll over (we found him one morning rolled on his belly swaddled! What a scare :) ). Then, the breast milk wasn't enough anymore and moreover, he became quite disinterested in breastfeeding. My heart is broken! :)
I love Fall! After a little bit of thinking, I realized that Fall is my favorite season. Maybe it's connected with the touch of coolness it brings after the suffocating summer here in southern Texas and the all these holidays that brings us closer and closer to Christmas.I'm back, finally! I'd like to thank my friend Genuta for nudging me about not posting anything for some time.
The last month, our little boy has been keeping us on a roller-coaster. Overnight, he started to roll over (we found him one morning rolled on his belly swaddled! What a scare :) ). Then, the breast milk wasn't enough anymore and moreover, he became quite disinterested in breastfeeding. My heart is broken! :)
I have a card today, my first card for Fall this year. I made it for Dawn's Color Cue {8} Challenge. I wish I could use my Chartreuse ink, but unfortunately it has a very low quality. I'm glad that Papertrey Ink changed their inks manufacturer.
Recipe for {I am thankful for you} card 4 x 5 1/2 in
~ Cardstock: Papertreyink {Lemon Tart, Vintage Cream};
~ Stamps: Papertreyink {Vintage Labels}, Making Memories {Autumn Splendor};
~ Ink: Papertreyink {Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado}, Stampabilities {Brown};
~ Buttons: Papertreyink {Vintage Spring Moss, Scarlet Jewel}.
I hope this Fall will brighten your life!



11 comments:
Daniela, your leaves card is stunning! I hope you don't mind me saying that you should continue trying to breastfeed since your little boy still sounds quite young if he's only starting to roll over. Very few babies at that age want to wean so keep at it and he may surprise you by wanting to nurse again after a couple of days. All the best!
What a lovely fall card! I'm so glad to see you back on the blog. That leaf stamp is gorgeous, and I love the cheery yellow card base!
I can totally understand your feelings about your son's breast feeding issues. I nursed both of my kids for 18 months, so we went through it all! It's possible that he's just on a nursing strike because he's so busy learning to do new things (like rolling over!) that he doesn't want to keep still long enough to nurse. My son was the same way, very physical and reluctant to keep his attention on feeding for very long. You know him better than anyone, so trust your instinct, but I would encourage you to keep giving him opportunities to nurse if it's important to you to continue it a while longer. Feel free to send me a message if you want to talk about it! Good luck!
So pretty and crisp! Love your card!
This is such a beautiful card! I love the colours of the leaves and the dimension!
:-)
This is exquisite! Gosh, those leaves have me positively twitching with my OWN fall feelings of LOVE - there's something about the beauty and possibility in all of the changing colors, fresh smell and PUMPKINS! So, thanks for the thoughts and inspiration about this amazing season! Your card is STUNNING! I'm so glad you found inspiration in these colors and that your small WONDER of a baby is thriving! {Yep, that's what it's called when they suddenly need MORE than breast milk - hee hee} Thanks for sharing your talent with the Color Cue and I hope you get continued creative time to help you be your best for "the baby!", etc.! ENJOY him!
Daniela, Stunning, stunning card...I love those leaves..perfect!
Ohh...need to post pictures of your little man...how exciting that he's rolling over!
What a beautiful card!!
On the breastfeeding front I have to say that my "little" Mitchell is also being silly. I just couldn't seem to keep up with him at 17 pounds, so I began supplementing with formula. He still nurses, but sometimes gets to impatient and then refuses to nurse and just wants a bottle. During the night he still nurses though.
Good luck to both of you :)
So pretty! Those leaves make a wonderful patterned paper. I love watching the leaves change colour! Happy fall!
This is breathtaking! Gorgeous take!
Wow - my jaw literally dropped when I saw this card! The depth and colors are GORGEOUS! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us!
Beautiful! I love it! And your little boy is SO cute! :)
Post a Comment