Thursday, October 7, 2010

A season of Gratitude {FTL 110}

Hello everyone,

I'm finally back with another card, in all these beautiful fall colors.



Whenever I need a simple and quick idea for a card, I go to Clean and Simple Stamping. I am always inspired by the sketches over there.



I can't explain where the time flies. Mircea has started developing a personality and one sign is that he does not like to wear a hat. Period. Ha ha. He can take it off himself. Two of his bottom teeth are coming out and I expect surprises every night. Sometimes he wakes up, sometimes he doesn't. And I am afraid I "caught"some kind of insomnia...I'm falling asleep standing around 10 pm and usually go to bed, but I'm waking up around 1 am and unable to go to bed for a couple of hours. Like last night....So days like today are a little bit of blur, tired enough to not function normally, but not enough to take a nap. Uggh!

Anyways, enough about me. What are your plans for this fall? How is Fall where you live? Full of changing colors, cold, hot (like here!)? Don't you just love the chilly mornings, when you can sit outside with a cup of coffee and muse about how wonderful life is? :)

I'm looking forward for all that this Fall has for us, except one thing: to the table cloth that my in-laws use for Thanksgiving dinner. Any suggestions on how to delicately suggest another table cloth (this is going to be my husband's duty, for sure)?

I am really determined to not let so much water pass under the bridge before I post another card. I have some dreams when it comes to card making, but they look farther than I thought. But I hope that day will come! :)

{a season of Gratitude} card - all products Papertreyink, unless otherwise noted

~ Cardstock: Melon Berry, Spring Moss, Vintage Cream;
~ Paper: Autumn Abundance;
~ Stamps: Fancy Flourishes, Fall Elegance;

~ Ink: Scarlet Jewel, Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss, Melon Berry, Dark Chocolate;
~ Buttons: Vintage Melon Berry, Vintage Scarlet Jewe
l.



Here is Mircea wearing my husband's 6-months old outfit!

3 comments:

Christina said...

Yay! So glad to see you back! I'm totally loving this card. Who would have thought to use Melon Berry on a fall card? It looks fabulous, and the stamping is absolutely perfect!

Your little guy is completely adorable, and I'm sure he keeps you on your toes (even when you are half asleep!). I hate to say it, but the chronic fatigue doesn't get much better with time, but watching your kids discover their world makes it (mostly) worth it! ;) Hope you find some time for yourself, stamping or otherwise!

Lynn said...

Daniela,
Your little boy is absolutely adorable. And so fun that he is wearing your husband's outfit! I'm sure each day you are seeing changes with him. Hope you are getting lots and lots of cuddle time with him. Take a nap too when he's napping!!

Love your card...as always! Great take on the sketch!

Laura.K said...

Wow. Mircea is so sweet and adorable.

About your in-law, offer them another one. Is it the one with those messages? In that case not a chance. You must live with it.

Lovely card. Such nice colors. I love it.