Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sweet Sunday Owls


I knew there was something special about
Courtney's trigger the moment I saw it. But when I wanted to make a card for Tuesday Trigger, I had to think for a little while and deal with the fact that there was not a red-related color in it :-) 



I went ahead and took my chances in making a Christmas card, although the colors didn't speak Christmas at all at the beginning. I was really glad I did it, because the color combination looks good! 

I also dusted my Making Memories {Pewter} hybrid ink, that was the perfect gray/metallic color for my card.

I finally got myself an embossing heat gun. I had the powder, had the embossing pad, but no heat gun...what kind of deal was that?! :-) So I did some clear embossing, too. 

The sketch from Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch #41 was a tremendous help in putting everything together. 

 






Recipe for {Noel} Card  5 1/2 x 4 in

~ Cardstock: Core'dinations {Basic Gray}, PTI {Ripe Avocado, Vintage Cream};
~ Stamps: PTI {Trio Tree Trimmings};
~ Ink: PTI {Ripe Avocado}, Making Memories {Pewter};
~ Sticko epoxy stickers;
~ KAISERscrapbook clear rhinestones.

Hope you enjoyed my take on Tuesday Trigger and Sweet Sunday Sketch! Let me know what you think. 

And thanks for stopping by!
 


8 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Oh this is fantastic! I love what you did!

Farida Rone said...

Hi Daniela, Your card is so pretty, love the buttons. Best regards.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

I love the way you've taken the colors in this week's Tuesday Trigger and applied them to this beautiful Christmas card! Impressive! :)

Jane said...

Awesome! love your design!

cnelson said...

So elegant and beautiful! love this so much!! Those buttons are fabulous!

Jessica said...

Oh!!! This is so pretty!!! Great use of the colors :)

itsallrosi said...

very pretty!

Winter said...

So pretty! What a great Christmas card! :)